How you can pay your rent

Your rent is due monthly in advance on or before the 1st of each month.  You can pay at Knowes’ office at our cash counter in between the hours of 9.00am to 4.30pm by cash, cheque, postal order or debit/credit card.  Knowes will also accept debit/credit card payments over the telephone.

You can also pay your account monthly or weekly by standing order through your bank.  Please contact the Finance Staff for a standing order form.

Cheques or postal orders may be sent to our office by post.  Cheques should be made payable to ‘Knowes Housing Association Ltd’ and you should write your name, address and tenancy reference number on the back of the cheque.

If  you have a telephone banking service then you may make payments to our account - Bank of Scotland, Sort Code: 80-06-14 Account No: 00535969.  It is important that you give your correct tenancy reference number as reference for this payment or the money will not reach your account.

If you are having problems paying your rent you should contact your housing officer immediately.  Your right to stay in your home may be endangered if you do not pay your rent on time. If you require debt counselling and/or money advice, please see below for details.

Welfare rights/debt counselling

The Welfare Rights & Debt Counselling service is received from the Independent Resource Centre.  Together with another two local housing associations, Knowes works in partnership with them and they have a surgery at our office and  at Skypoint once a week to provide a more localised service.  We contribute financially to this project, along with the other Housing Associations and a range of external funders, including the Scottish Government and Oxfam.

This service is free and confidential, they will assist you in sorting out your debts and dealing with your creditors and help you look at all the options option to you – e.g. are you due housing benefit, working tax credit, etc? If you are an owner behind with your mortgage payments and wish to stay in your home, you may be eligible for the Government’s home owner’s support fund and the welfare rights officer could advise you of this also. The direct number for the Independent Resource Centre is 0141-951-4040. They have a surgery in Knowes’ office, 10 Field Road, on Monday's  between 10.00am and 1.00pm and the Skypoint Centre, 79 Lennox Drive on Wednesday's between 10.00am and 2.00pm.

Other links you may find useful are:- Consumer Credit Counselling Service:- Money Advice Scotland:-

Logo of Police Scotland         Logo of West Dunbartonshire Council             Image result for homeswapper logo           Image result for scottish fire & rescue service logo

Copyright 2016 Knowes Housing Association