Alterations and Improvements

Permission is required for any alteration to your home or garden for example if you change your bathroom suite, kitchen, fit double glazing, build a driveway or garage/shed etc.

Permission must be granted, in writing by Knowes Housing Association before work can commence. To apply for permission an application form should be submitted.  Permission will not be unreasonably withheld.  It may be necessary to carry out an inspection of the proposed alteration before permission can be granted.

For some alterations a building warrant/planning permission may be required from West Dunbartonshire Council. It will be the tenant’s responsibility to apply to West Dunbartonshire Council for this certificate. For further information conact West Dunbartonshire Council on 01389 737000

Certain types of improvements may qualify for compensation when the tenancy is being terminated. This is explained in the Right to Compensation Leaflet.

Logo of Police Scotland         Logo of West Dunbartonshire Council             Image result for homeswapper logo           Image result for scottish fire & rescue service logo

Copyright 2016 Knowes Housing Association