Knowes Housing Association wishes all its customers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous 2019
Please note that our office will close for the festive period from 4pm on Friday 21st December 2018 and will re-open at 9.00am on Thursday 3rd January 2019.
If your rent payment is due during this time please make your payment on or before 21st December 2018 or by 3rd January 2019 at the latest.
Winter Tips and Ideas
- Dress in plenty of layers and make sure you have warm shoes or boots with non-slip soles.
- Keep a mixture of salt and sand handy to put on steps or paths in icy weather.
- Keep simple cold, flu and sore throat remedies in the house.
- Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time, particularly if bad weather is forecast.
- Keep basic food items in the cupboard or freezer in case it’s too cold to go shopping. You could also do your food shopping online and get it delivered to your door.
- Keep a torch handy and spare batteries in case you lose power and keep your radio, mobile phone, laptop or tablet fully charged.
- During cold spells, keep doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes, particularly those in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Wrap water pipes with insulation sleeves to slow heat transfer.
- Call in and speak to any elderly neighbours who live alone to double check they are okay and let them see a friendly face.
Emergency Telephone Numbers for during the holiday season when the office is closed
Emergency Repairs – The McDougall Group 0800 975 1234
Emergency Gas Heating Repairs – City Building 0800 595 595
Scottish Gas Emergency (smell of gas) – 0800 111 999
Scottish Power Emergency – 0845 2727 999
Police – 101
Scottish Water – 0845 601 8855