Working4U’s next Thrive Youth Employability Programme which will commence in January 2023.
The programme will help to:
- Identify and start to address barriers young people have to participating in positive destinations.
- Contribute to young people’s personal and social development, improving their skills for life and work.
- Support young people to explore and connect with relevant opportunities.
- Link young people with wider employability team and partners to explore suitable opportunities.
- Gain a saltire award through volunteering.
- Progress young people into a sustained positive destination.
- One to one engagement to work on any barriers such as digital poverty, proof to work ID issues, support to access financial advice including opening bank accounts.
- Young people will then begin group work element of course focusing on 6-8 hours of engagement a week.
- Group work focuses on skills for work such as confidence, barrier removal, motivation, volunteering opportunities in retail / horticulture, world of work insights.
- Satisfactory engagement with one to one sessions and group work enables £40 a week engagement allowance. If young person on universal credit, the benefit will continue.
- For further details please register your details at https://bit.ly/3qWsi0U
The new course will be commencing 9th January for one to one work and group work February and March, ending Friday 7th April.